Wednesday 18 September 2013

Richmond, Virginia (Day 2)

Hey world :)

So here I am with the blog post for day 2 of our Richmond, Virginia trip! Richmond is pretty much just about gardens and museums so it'll be a photos > words post!

Itinerary for day 2 was to explore Lewis Ginter Botanic Gardens and the Fine Arts Museum!

A mandatory OOTD shot before leaving the hotel. Bought this denim cutout A&F dress for 20USD only!! :D

& a mandatory selfie as well!!



Followed by pretty pictures of flowers!





This, in my opinion, looks like a ginormous bai cai!





















 There was an enclosure with butterflies inside so you can take close-up photos and feel them flying just right beside you!







My favourite roses! 




After looking at all these pretty flowers, I wanted to try taking some artistic shots with them. And so I tried........


Expectation:




.



.



.



.


and reality..............



Hai ok I am just not a cut out for it. In the end, I think that the candid shot below actually looks better...


Hahahaha ok maybe not.


























And then we had lunch @ a vietnamese place that sells really good pho!!

I'm starting to fall in love with vietnamese food.



After lunch, we proceeded to Virginia Museum of Fine Arts!






Didn't take that much photos cuz (I have to admit) I'm not so much of a museum person. But we found a really good place outside the museum for some artsy shots!

@ the sculpture park!




My artwork. Hahaha. I should probably sell this to the fine arts museum too! Maybe after I die....


The originals:

















Happy with the good photos we've taken, here we go to source for more scenic places cuz we were ahead of schedule!









This place is not really scenic-scenic. Cuz it looks rather abandoned at some parts. Haha. But yeah that's about it and we had thai food for dinner! (Yeah like wth we come here and eat all the trying-hard-to-be-authentic-asian-food)


Overall it was a good trip! I pretty much enjoyed myself but I would say that I'm evidently a city girl... I love taking pictures of pretty flowers and all but I just don't find myself as fascinated as I would be if you had put me in a buzzing city with brightly-lit high-rise buildings. I don't feel that overwhelming affection for mother nature. But trust me I love the earth and I don't harm it as much as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment