Wednesday 11 May 2016

A Road Trip to Gold Coast - Brissy Part 2

Despite the fact that I am supposed to be quite free over here (since Kw has to go for classes), I somehow do not find pockets of free time to blog or do many other things that I have planned. And I swear TIME IS FLYING BY. It has been a week since I got here. And I have been dreading for this trip to end since Day 1. And I only have less than 8 days left....... Can I not part with him so soon? :(

So awesome boyfriend is really awesome. Despite his busy schedule and amidst his deadlines, he still took me out to so many places! We went on a road trip to Gold Coast on Saturday and we covered SO MANY places we were DEADBEAT by the time we got home!

On the way to Gold Coast!!


Our first stop: Yatala Pies for breakkie

This place is famous for its pies and it is located midway along the highway to GC!

Tons of different pies



The pie filling


The pie was pretty decent! Would've loved to try the sweet ones like the one with apple and custard but I'm sure we couldn't have finished it.

Next Stop: Movie World!!






Rae's favourite


 Waiting for the stunt performance!



Theme parks are really not the place for Kw and I because he is not a roller-coaster person so I ended up taking all of the roller coaster rides alone..... But thank got the queue is really short and the longest I had to queue was only for less than 30 mins!

And since the park was pretty empty, we were done with most of the attractions by mid-day and headed out to lunch!

My favourite Viet food - Pho!


Since we had so much time on hand, we decided to drop by Seaworld as well. (We didn't have to pay for the entry tickets because we managed to borrow some annual passes hehehe)







Okay the Seaworld was quite disappointing because there was really nothing much that was interesting (except for the roller coaster ride!!). There was also nothing much to see, evident from my photos which I took of the cute penguins. There was a Deep Sea Creatures exhibition - with fake statues in a ridiculously small exhibition -_-

We prolly spent only about 1 hour there before we head to Surfers Paradise beach!




Enjoyed the sea breeze at this pretty place before heading to dinner



Had steak and ribs for dinner in a very atas place which makes me feel super under-dressed cuz everyone was in fancy dress and shoes while I was in slippers, shorts and tank....

But yay to satisfying dinner!!


We then took a 1-hour drive up to Springbrook for stargazing! (I was already deadbeat by then and I had to force myself to hard to keep awake -_-) It was quite a scary drive up because there was no street lights at all up the mountain. But that was also what made the splendid view possible.
And taa-daaaaa worst photo of the galaxy ever:



Tried my best but I just couldn't get a more decent shot. LE SIGH, This photo does not in any way do justice to the view that night. We were lucky because it was new moon and we had a clear sky - which made the view super awesome!! I can really gaze at the sky all night long. It was literally 满天星星! When we finally feast (visually) on it enough, We took another 2-hour drive back home. (Of which I was told to be the worst co-pilot in history... :( )






That's about it for my trip to Gold Coast. So many thanks to the boyf for taking me there! :3

2 comments:

  1. sorry i needed to comment that... your galaxy shot is seriously quite legit. i used to try taking similar photo last time when i was in south africa but all i had was a black image. (or maybe 2007 technology sucks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were in South Africa??? Hahaha I used the mode meant for capturing galaxies. So it is still at least visible....

      Delete