Monday 9 May 2016

A Visit To Brissy - Brissy Part 1

Hey folks!

First up, I would like to announce that I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE ENDED MY ACADEMIC LIFE IN NUS!!!

Here's a mandatory photo of me and the Business School building


It's such a relief to finally finish studying. Despite having gone on a semester's break, I still dreaded the last semester a lot. (Although at this point in time, I feel like I'm gonna miss school because I suddenly do not really think I'm ready to start working lol.) I really have had enough of timetable planning and endless deadlines from school. I'm thankful for the people I have met in school who have made my last semester a lot more bearable than I thought :)


So, on the day I was done with my last paper, I flew to Brisbane on the same night to visit Kw (aka Kyle -_-)! He's only been gone for less than 3 months but I really feel that it is a lot longer than that... This trip was what gave me something to looked forward to during the second half of the semester!

After my last paper ended, it was a MAD RUSH. I had to run some errands and be home in late noon to finish packing for my trip + have celebratory dinner with my family (to celebrate my sis's birthday + have a dinner before I fly + a dinner with my bro and SIL who're just back from Korea). And I did not know that tourists visiting Australia needs a Visa until 5 hours before my flight -_-

Thank goodness everything went through and I had a chaotic dinner at home before flying.

 My ever-expanding family - and everyone say hi to Caelan!!! :D

Cae was born a on Saturday after my Darwin paper. And I melted when I saw him for the first time. How can a baby look so perfect! *inserts heart-shaped eyes emoticon*

After dinner, I was onboard the flight - alone for the first time!

I was seated at the second last row of the flight - which was the noisiest because everyone passes by me, be it passengers who need the toilet or the cabin crew serving food/drinks.... 

Funny how I never got to fly alone despite having been to exchange and all. Guess I never had a problem looking for company. Anw, after a long 8-hour flight, I'm finally in Brisbane!

4th May // Tuesday 

Landed at 6am and this boy came to pick me up from the airport~


View from the car with #nofilter. Got me wondering why does the sky in other countries always look nicer than in Singapore.... Is it because our visions are usually blocked by all them tall buildings? 



The plan was for me to settle down while he goes to school; and we'll have lunch together at 12 before he heads back to school again at 2 (which he has kindly invited me to crash his lecture). Turns out I was so exhausted from exams + having barely slept on the flight, I 'took a nap' at 9am after breakfast and didn't get up till 4pm............. -_- But honestly, it was some damn good sleep. HAHA.

Went out for some grocery shopping before heading for dinner.

Sushi store was having a promo - only $5 for 4 rolls!


We headed out for a dinner which he has specially organised for me, with his bunch of buddies and housemates. It was a Korean restaurant which they frequent called Funny Funny. And I think I have forgotten about taking pictures after snapchatting...

After dinner, we went to get what is supposedly the best bubble tea in Brisbane, which is about 20 minutes drive away.

Sakuraya @ Sunnybank


Pretty decent BBT but I'll give the toppings a miss the next time. The pearls are bleahhh.


5th May // Wednesday 

Because I had such a fulfilling nap, I had problems falling asleep at night -_- I think I only fell asleep at 4? 5? Can't really remember but guess what! We woke up at 4pm again........... Can't believe we wasted another day just like that. We were having a Potluck dinner that night so we went out for grocery shopping again - to get ingredients for Salted Egg Yolk wings!

Menu for the night - his housemates can really cook!!


A picture with the fun company!


6th May // Friday 

We went to bed early that night (well, earlier than usual. Guess we were both paying back our sleep debts) and woke up at 12 the next day so we can go to the city for lunch!

Teppanyaki @ Myer Mall

Hung out in the city for a bit where I did a bit of shopping before heading back so he can continue working on his assignment. That night, he brought me to Eat Street Market where there were so many good food!!

Freshly shucked oysters - 6 for $9 only! This was sooooooooooo gooooooooooooood we bought another half dozen ^^

Peking Duck crepe - which was okay 

 Okonomiyaki

THE BEST CHURROS 

Okay I'm not really a fan of churros so I've not tried many but of those that I've tried, this wins, HANDS DOWN. Especially the Dulce Leche sauce which is not in this picture. I'm missing this already.

And mega bag popcorns - had to buy it just because it's salty caramel. :)


That night, we went to a mountain nearby where I could see the city skyline and stargaze!


Okay bad pictures. But it was really preetz!




So, that's all for Brisbane for now! I'll blog about Gold Coast trip in a separate post. Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment