Tuesday 1 October 2013

Official Start of Autumn!

HOLA!


So...here are some highlights from the past 2 weeks!

Two Saturdays ago, some of us made a trip down to Duke University because we were invited by the Singapore Students Association for a Mid-Autumn Celebration! DU is a pretty school! It was such a pity that it was raining. :( We intended to tour around the school and a famous garden called Sarah P. Duke Garden but...........the weather crushed all our plans. All we really did was: take picture of the chapel > seek shelter in a cafe > chill with a drink > try walking to the garden > rained again > seek shelter @ Student Stores > bought a t-shirt-got out of Student Stores > started raining again > seek shelter outside the chapel > made our way to the Mid Autumn Festival dinner. -___-


Seeking shelter in the cafe!



 At the Chapel, still seeking shelter.






Disappointed we were and we made our way to a yummy steamboat dinner!! (I had steamboat about 5 times a month before I left Singapore but trust me, I miss it already.)


Don't need to explain anything, JUST LOOK AT THE AWESOME FOOD WE HAVE!
Thank you Duke SSA SO MUCH for hosting us and allowing us to curb homesickness. :')



Whazzzup the previous weekend?

We headed to Raleigh (capital of NC state) 'cuz some of them had to collect their Colour Run race packs. Rebecca and I tagged along because we wanted to visit Raleigh and take pictures of pretty monuments!






The coolest thing I've seen all day. It's a Trolley Pub, so people have beer on it, while cycling concurrently!! 



Yepppp, we met with the dark clouds againnnnnnn.


The bus ride to Raleigh took 2 hours so we didn't have much time left for sightseeing :( We just toured around the area and had dinner @ a restaurant called The Pit. The reason why we chose The Pit was because of an advertisement that Rebecca saw on the TV. THE PORK RIBS ARE SO SUCCULENT THAT THE FLESH FALLS OFF THE BONE WHEN YOU HOLD IT IN YOUR HAND!! How can you NOT want to try after hearing that?????? And so we did!!! We were starving and the wait to be seated was one hour, and we persevered!


ARE YOU READY FOR THE FOOD PHOTOS??




 What it looks like when you pull the bone out



 Look at how succulent it is!!
Okay I don't have a DSLR so it doesn't look THAT fantastic here but trust me, it was good!!



On Saturday, Rebecca, Samantha and I went for a movie @ Southpoint since we weren't part of Colour Run! I'm happy I found people who are willing to watch horror movies with me :''''''''''') We watched Insidious 2 and I would say that it is one of the better horror movies I've seen in awhile. It's not too freaky or creepy but it's one out of the 99 horror movies with a proper plot! Awesomez.



And we spent the rest of the day just shopping around. I love the clearance sales @ Hollister & A&F. I bought a pair of turquoise denim shorts for 8.60USD only!!! Even shorts at Bugis Street cost bout $12?? It was a steal!! :D I'll take a picture of it the next time I wear it out. Hahahaha.

That summed up my weekend! All I did on Sunday was basically mug for my Marketing test just now. I don't know why I'm getting so worried when I really only need to pass my modules. I think it's more difficult to aim to pass than to aim for As and Bs because we've already been tuned this way. Oh wells... But a midst the stress, I still went out for dinner @ Panera Bread along Franklin! Heard so many good reviews about it that I cannot not try it!



I would say it's kinda pricey for sandwiches/soups/salads but I would also say I loved the food! :)


.


.



.



.




More and more plants are turning red and it's really getting prettier each day! Walking to classes become even more of a joy in this weather when you get to see pretty plants changing with the season. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment