Saturday 17 August 2013

Ten Thousand Miles Away From Home

Location: London, Heathrow Airport.
Time check: 0845

Hi guys!

Okay this is seriously delayed. I have wanted to start a blog to pen down my exchange experience for the longest time so that all of you people back home can be updated on what I'm doing here but I never thought of a satisfactory URL. At this moment, I'm sitting in Pret A Manger in Heathrow Airport and I decided that I should start my blog right now while waiting for my transit!

I've only got 45 minutes of free wifi (ridiculous) and I'm already about 30 minutes into it. Before I reach my final destination, I am gonna pen down some pre-exchange thoughts. It took me hell lot of courage and consideration to decide on coming for this trip. I have countless concerns of which includes finances, being away from everyone and being alone. I didn't know if I could do this. When I applied for exchange, I didn't think much about it. Back then, I thought I could just apply first and then reject if I really don't wanna go. When I was offered a place, I didn't really know how to react. I couldn't picture myself doing this. Going on an exchange for a semester and surviving on my own overseas.

But hey! Now I'm only another 10 hours away from my final destination!! I never really got myself mentally prepared. But since I've already decided to do this, I'm just gonna go ahead without thinking so much (瞻前顾后)!

I have never lived on my own, never done all my laundry on my own, take care of my meals by myself and live in a foreign land for this long away from the comfort of my family and my home. Although I appear to be a very independent person, I actually wonder if I really am THAT independent. But I know I'll find a way to get past everything. ;)

To everyone who have been supportive and concern about me, I promise I'll be vigilant and be back home safely in January next year. Meanwhile, stay tuned! :D

X,
Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment