Sunday 23 February 2014

22 (Part 2)

In the midst of a hectic work week (in view of quiz, interviews and projectssssss), I'm really grateful for the thoughtful ones who make the effort to hold a celebration for me. :')

On my actual birthday (18th Feb), Sissy and BIL bought a pretty birthday cake over to my place! Although Mummy was working and my brother wasn't home, we still went ahead with a mini cake-cutting session!!

Raegan giving me a birthday kiss. (But notice where he is looking at while kissing me ---- the birthday cake....)


 Mini family photo.


Yes Raegan, I can see your drool going all the way to the floor.


And Rae finally got to a bite off that cake!!!

.........before he started getting cranky all over again.










Last Friday, Valerie asked me out for dinner as well as to accompany her to get an anniversary gift. As unsuspecting as I was, I agreed, thinking that it was just going to be the 2 of us...................until she texted me to request for me to 'wear a little nicer'. Hahaha. But anyways, I still acceded to her request and 'wore a little nicer'.

Turns out we were gonna celebrate my birthday at Hog's Breathe @ C.H.I.J.M.E.S with the bunch of people whom I've known for almost a decade! :)



New York Grill 

Grilled Mushroom with Steak 

Valerie's Aglio Olio with no other ingredients at all.... 


Cheese Sticks 


Buffalo Wings 

Carbonara


My $11 Milkshake (that's not even nice)


In my opinion, this place is really over-priced (the milkshake is the champion in this aspect) given the standard of the food. Everything was so-so (I'm not sure about the steak) and my Carbonara was so overwhelming I couldn't even finish half of it. I think it will be the last time I ever visit this place. Maybe I haven't gotten over my western-food-phobia from the prolonged period of being exposed to American food after all.


However, the company was more than enough to make up for it. :)






Weng was wishing me happy birthday and it looked so much like an award-presentation ceremony that we decided to take a picture like that. Hahahaha. 




This Chew Huimin really last warning...... LOL. This was what happened when we tried to find the most photogenic angle. 



Andddd of course.............my dearest!
I didn't know if Val invited him until he showed up while we were waiting for out food to be served! :)


Happy birthday to me!!!!







 

We caught a movie together after dinner (except Valerie). I can't remember the last time we watched a movie together! Despite how difficult it is to get everyone together, rhere were a total of 15 of us and we dominated a whole row in the theater. Haha. 

By the way, 3am (Part 2) is probably the worst movie of the year so please do not bother wasting your time/money watching it in the theaters. All I heard throughout the movie (with Kw and Hm beside me) was, "Wtf is this?!", "Wtf am I watching?!", "Wtf did I just spend $11.50 on?!". I cannot describe the level of angst throughout the movie. Hahahaha.






Once again, thank you so much guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment